Dual Language Policy
“Social Freedom is the ultimate Freedom” – Dr.B.R.Ambedkar
- In a society filled with discrimination & Inequality, the basis for social justice is to create greater opportunities for all oppressed classes.The focus should be in creating equalising institutions and mechanisms that narrow the gap between the privileged and lower classes. They should be given education, employment and access to political authority with affirmative action and due representation.It may take at least 200 years at a minimum for a class of people who have been oppressed for over 2000 years to rise to the level of the privileged classes. Until then, we must pursue social justice for them.
- Women are equal to men not only in numbers, but also in ability, intellectual capacity and performance.But for millennia we have kept them confined to domestic life citing religion, scriptures, rituals and tradition. Even today in the 21st century it is widely believed that women are created to service men are widely treated as untouchables during menopause, and looked upon as lower than men in social standing.This messaging has been infused and propagated across Cinema, Television and Literature. This is a great injustice to womanhood.It is time we stop treating women as toys for men and start treating them as flesh and blood.They have been bestowed with all qualities to function efficiently in society at par with man. Given the right opportunity and representation, they will shine brighter.
- A society is for every person and hence by extension, social justice should be sought for every person who is part of the society. Most of the times, policies and projects are not designed keeping in mind the differently abled and people of the other gender.If there are any such policies or projects the benefits rarely reach them.It is the vision of Dream TN team to set this right.We will push for inclusive agenda in all policies and projects and will reach out the marginalised in the society, ensuring a equitable Tamil Society.
- Reservation in itself is not Social Justice. Caste is a social disease and reservation only eases the severity of the pain and does not act as a vaccine.Our ultimate goal is a moral society free of inequality and discrimination. We can only achieve that through social justice.
- At the same time, we should be clear that Social Justice is not a concession that is granted on the basis of caste, religion or race. It is a “Right” earned by the oppressed.A class of people who have been oppressed for over 2000 years across levels of society have naturally earned this right.It should never be said that we gave social justice to them as a concession or a grant.That is to say, we are insulting the self-esteem of the oppressed!
- Social justice should by no means be viewed as against “merit”. In fact, those who have benefited from social justice and come to the forefront are among the key players in India’s development. The best example is Dr.B.R.Ambedkar. Ambedkar completed his undergraduate and graduate studies with a scholarship from King Sayajirao Gaekwad of Baroda, who was committed to social justice. Today India holds the Constitution drafted by Dr.Ambedkar, one of the longest and most comprehensive anywhere in the world, as its supreme governing document. Our constitution owes its creation to Social Justice.Examples are like these are innumerable and far spread. All of them have moved Indian Society as a whole, a little bit forward.Therefore, the Dream Tamil Nadu movement will not only reject the false propaganda against social justice, but will also dismantle it.
- Social Justice in the context of DreamTN has two major concepts i.e) Reservation and Social Benefits. Reservation is designed to uplift classes that have been traditionally marginalized or sidelined from being a respected member of the society. In essence it is a mechanism to right the wrongs of the past and uplift the historically oppressed classes.Social benefits like public distribution (ration), free education, Guaranteed Minimum Income, social welfare schemes, subsidised Public transport systems, Subsidised Gas and other subsidies are designed specifically for the upliftment of economically weaker sections.Both of these mechanisims are essential in a democracy that aspires for inclusive development and important to establish a social welfare state.
- The real intent of Social Justice is to achieve Inclusive Growth, i.e) Instead of moving just a small part of the society, say a privileged 1000 people, 10 steps forward, Social Justice aims to move lakhs of people from the society one step forward. This ensures that people at the grassroots level of society are gainfully transformed into a prosperous middle class and ensures that the wealth gap in the society is narrowed down. This is the ultimate goal of DreamTN
Dual Language Policy