- 10-20 years ago car racing wasn’t even one of the options Indian people considered while watching sports. During such a time, it was Narain Karthikeyan, a racer from Tamil Nadu who pulled the limelight with his racing skills.
- It was only after Narain entered the racing field that many youngsters started getting interested in racing.
- He is one of the most famous personalities in Tamil Nadu. During the time he started gaining international recognition, Indian magazines featured a picture of him in his racing suit, with his helmet in his hand. Tamilians cherished this picture just as NASA would have cherished Neil Armstrong’s photo taken on the moon.
- Car Racing may be a sport of the rich, but that doesn’t mean that it is a riskless game. A car racer may run into a post and get knocked down, or the car may get overheated and cause a fire. Right from the time a player enters the tracks, he should be willing to manage all these risks. Before entering the race, the players have to sign an agreement that says that they are aware of all these risks. Though they are well suited up, that doesn’t guarantee full safety. Despite all these dangers, Narain entered the game declaring, “Speed thrills me”.
- Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello, the giants of the car racing world, are the ones who inspire him to keep trying more.
- He firmly believes that Commitment and Dedication are we need to find success in whatever we do
- To Narain, age is just a number. He’s currently 44 and secured 4th place in ‘Asian le man’ series in 2021.
- He has no parallel in helping young aspirers reach their dream. He predicts that among the next generation racers, Jehan Daruvala will reach high places in the world of racing.