- Sathiyan Gnanasekaran is the face of Indian Table tennis. He is the first Indian to be on the World’s Top 25 Table Tennis players.
- After Sarath Kamal, Sathiyan is one of the table tennis players who pulled the limelight in his direction. While Sarath Kamal’s style of playing was more intense, Sathiyan’s style is cool and calm.
- He is the first Indian table tennis player to participate in Japan’s T-League and qualify for Okayama Rivets Club Team. The league started in 2018 and quickly gained international momentum.
- At the 2018 Commonwealth games and 2019 Asian games, Sathiyan brought his full game and stunned the audience. It is during this period that he won the game with Harimoto Tomokazu, the world’s top 5th player.
- For years, Sarath Kamal was the only person from Tamil Nadu to gain international recognition. But now Sathiyan has joined him in adding glory to Tamil Nadu.
- In 2018, Sathiyan was honoured with Arjuna award, which is a high recognition from the Indian Government for for outstanding performance in sports and games.